HOUSTON, Texas - Federal emergency crews are looking to hire folks who live in or closer to areas devastated by Hurricane Harvey.
FEMA's recovery team will involve temporary local employees.
Jobs can pay between $14 and $34 an hour depending on position.
The jobs listed by FEMA include the following:
- administrative support assistant
- civil engineer
- communications specialist
- construction cost estimator
- crisis counselor
- customer service specialist
- environmental specialist
- floodplain management specialist
- graphics specialist
- hazard mitigation outreach specialist
- historic preservation specialist
- registered nurse
- voluntary agency liaison
According to FEMA, the workers give the agency valuable community insights.
In order to apply, you must first register at the Texas Workforce Commission's website. Application instructions are listed on the site.