Woman bitten by snake while out to dinner at steakhouse

Monday, September 25, 2017 11:24AM
Virginia woman bit by snake while out to dinner. Gray Hall reports during Action News at 10 a.m. on September 24, 2017.


FREDRICKSBURG, Va. - A simple night out at a restaurant with family and friends almost turned into a near death experience for a Virginia woman.

As Rachel Myrick stepped toward the inside door of the Longhorn Steakhouse in Fredricksburg, she felt a stinging sensation in her foot.

"Initially it felt like I was stung by a bee or hornet or something. I reached down and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain, and under my fingers I felt a wiggle," said Myrick.

She then saw a snake's head still stuck to her foot.

Myrick's boyfriend got the 8-inch snake off her foot and stomped the reptile to death. He then called 911 and told police that his girlfriend had been bitten by a copperhead, a poisonous snake.

Myrick was rushed to the hospital where she stayed for five and a half days.

It will take her about three months to get full use of her foot.
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
Outbrain