Adventures with Clifford the Big Red Dog , which runs through May 12, features 40 years (that's 280 dog-years) of artwork and stories by Norman Bridwell, the creator and award-winning author of Clifford The Big Red Dog. Inspired by Scholastic Entertainment's top-rated TV show Clifford the Big Red Dog® on PBS KIDS®, the exhibit also offers several "paws-on" adventures that reinforce simple life lessons designed to help young children navigate the world. Children will be able to:
· Slide down the tail of a nine-foot high Clifford
· Steer a ferry through the bay
· Role-play as a server or customer at Samuel's Fish & Chip Shack
· Play musical instruments and create your own symphony at the Musical Marina
· Express themselves by creating art in Clifford's Doghouse
· Perform in Emily Elizabeth's Backyard Theater
· Garden at The Howard's House
· Explore Cleo's Backyard
· Sort and mail at the Birdwell Island Post Office
· Cozy up for a reading adventure
For more information, call (847) 832-6600 www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org
Adventures with Clifford The Big Red Dog
Grand Opening Celebration
Wednesday from 9:30 to 5 p.m.
Kohl Children's Museum
Now through May 19
Clifford's Favorite Dog Treats!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rye flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups wheat germ
1 cup powdered dry milk
1 package dry yeast
2 cups chicken or beef stock
1 beaten egg
Combine all dry ingredients. Add stock gradually and mix. Shape into balls and roll out on a floured board. Cut cookies using a cookie cutter in a shape of a dog bone. Brush tops with egg.
Bake 40 ? 45 minutes at 300 degrees.