Blaze breaks out at Chicago high-rise

Blaze breaks out at Chicago high-rise, multiple injuries
February 10, 2008 7:33:54 AM PST
A fire in a North Side high-rise sent eight people to the hospital Saturday, including a Chicago firefighter.The fire broke out shortly after noon in the basement of a 31-story building at 3930 North Pine Grove Avenue.

Officials say it was apparently caused by a faulty ComEd electrical vault.

The fire sent smoke throughout the building.

Seven people were hospitalized in good condition, including two people suffering from smoke inhalation and two people who were asthmatic.

The firefighter was sent to the hospital to be checked out.


Load Comments