1. Bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt.
2. Cook pasta according to the package directions until just al dente. Drain well.
3. While pasta is cooking, in a blender, place the basil, parsley, garlic, black pepper, and half of the olive oil. Process in short bursts until roughly chopped. Turn blender on full speed and drizzle in the remaining oil, cream, and grated pecorino Romano. Process until smooth-- about 1 minute. Remove the resulting creamy pesto from the blender and place in a large bowl. Set aside for 1 hour.
4. Marinate asparagus and cherry tomatoes w/extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place them on a hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and toss with cherry tomatoes.
5. Place the cooked pasta in a fry pan with creamy pesto, cut asparagus, cherry tomatoes on low heat. Stir and coat pasta and remove immediately from low heat. Top with pine nuts.