- 2 (8-ounce) loaves French bread baguette, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (7-ounce) bags baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced plum tomato (about 1 pound)
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1 bag of spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Place half of bread slices in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread spinach mixture over bread. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle evenly with feta and half of Asiago cheese. Arrange remaining bread slices over cheese. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, milk, and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Pour over bread; sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Uncover strata; bake at 350-degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Serve warm.
Yield: 10 servings CALORIES 297 (29% from fat); FAT 9.5g (sat 4.4g,mono 2.8g,poly 1g); PROTEIN 17.9g; CHOLESTEROL 125mg; CALCIUM 332mg; SODIUM 720mg; FIBER 3.1g; IRON 3.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 36g