- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken and mushrooms in butter or margarine. Stir in the soup, water, parsley, salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Stir in uncooked rice and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed.
Nutritional Information for chicken continental:
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbohydrates: 36.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Note: improve this recipe's nutrition even more by using a reduced fat condensed soup, whole grain rice, and olive oil in place of the butter.
Recipe courtesy of www.allrecipes.com. Find this and other ideas on www.jewelosco.com ? click on plan to see recipes.