The Rush has just clinched the Arena Football League Central Division championship. They have four more regular season games under Coach Mike Hohensee:
- Saturday May 31 vs. Kansas City at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 7 at Cleveland at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, June 14 at Georgia at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 22 vs. Dallas at 3 p.m.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli
- 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, spicy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a separate pan, saute Italian sausage for 5 to 10 minutes at a medium heat, uncovered, until browned; remove sausage from pan and pat with paper towels to remove excess liquid; with a sharp knife, cut sausage into 1/2 inch circles.
3. Combine heavy cream and butter in a Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally; be careful not to bring mixture to a boil. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss with Italian sausage and cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken and mushrooms in butter or margarine.
2. Stir in the soup, water, parsley, salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in uncooked rice and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed.