- 1. Core upper part of apple leaving bottom half intact.
2. Fill center with raisins, nuts and candies.
3. Add brown sugar to taste.
4. Double wrap apple in aluminum foil and place on hot coals for 20 minutes.
- 4 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, for each serving about 1-inch thick
- 2-4 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 2-4 carrots, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- butter, sliced in pats
- sour cream
- fresh dill
- White wine
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1. Reduce coals till glowing.
2. On a piece of foil layer: sliced potatoes, pats of butter, sliced red and white onions, Carrots, more Butter pats, sour cream, dill, then salmon filet, skin side up. Top with slices of lemon.
3. Tightly close foil using Dutch fold lengthwise and roll up ends.
4. Place on grill for 20 to 25 min until fish is tender.
5. Note: If using fillets 1/2 inch thick, you may want to quick blanch the sliced Potatoes and Carrots so they will not be too crunchy.