- 12 oz. cake flour
- 4 oz. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups whipping cream ? whipped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone pan liners
- Mix all dry ingredients and put into a sifter or strainer.
- Sift or strain over the whipped cream and mix gently but thoroughly. (Be sure to mix in all dry ingredients from the bottom, where they hide!)
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- When all the dough is shaped, sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 - 17 minutes. Let cool and split crosswise with a sharp knife.
- Use lightly sweetened whipped cream (or non-dairy topping) to cover bottom piece. Add berries, then put 'lid' on.
Of you can enjoy this red, white and blueberry shortcake at Ina's, 1235 W. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60607; 312-226-8227 www.breakfastqueen.com