- AT&T's superfast mobile broadband network puts iPhone 3G in the broadband fast lane with download speeds of up to 1.4 Mbps*.
- Find your location, get directions, and even track your progress along your route using Maps with GPS
- With support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, iPhone delivers push email, calendar, and contacts.
- App Store lets you browse applications and download them directly to your iPhone.
iPhone 3G harnesses the power of AT&T's broad and powerful 3G mobile broadband network, which offers 3G mobile phones download speeds of up to 1.4 Mbps. AT&T's 3G network is currently available in nearly 300 leading U.S. metropolitan areas and 3G service will be in nearly 350 metro areas by year end.
Maps with GPS
Find your location, get directions and search for nearby businesses - all from your iPhone 3G. Maps on iPhone 3G combines GPS, Wi-Fi and cell tower location technology to create the best map application on a mobile phone.
iPhone in Enterprise
With support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, iPhone 3G delivers push email, calendar, and contacts. And it uses enterprise-grade networking with Cisco IPSec VPN and WPA2 Enterprise support. So now the most revolutionary mobile device ever is also the ideal phone for business.
Tap into the App Store and you'll find applications in every category - from games to business, education to entertainment, productivity to social networking. Applications for iPhone 3G take advantage of its groundbreaking features such as Multi-Touch, GPS, and the
Pricing and Eligibility
AT&T is making it easy for customers to prepare for their iPhone 3G purchase by posting "Get iReady" tips and frequently asked questions at www.att.com/iphone.The site also will include a link for customers to check their upgrade eligibility and other wireless account information.
iPhone 3G will be available for $199 for the 8GB model and $299 for the 16GB model. These prices require two-year contracts and are available to the following customers:
- iPhone customers who purchased before July 11
- Customers activating a new line with AT&T
- Current AT&T customers who are eligible, at the time of purchase, for an upgrade discount
Current customers may also choose to wait until they become eligible for an upgrade discount. Eligibility is generally determined by amount of time remaining on a current contract and payment history. Current AT&T customers who are upgrading to iPhone 3G will pay an $18 upgrade fee and new AT&T customers will pay the standard $36 activation fee.
For more information visit http://att.com/iPhone.