3 firefighters injured responding to chlorine leak

September 20, 2008 8:45:34 AM PDT
Three firefighters suffered minor injuries Friday night while responding to a chlorine leak in a St. Charles city well. It happened in the 200- block of North Randall Road. Firefighters found a 150-pound chlorine cylinder leaking inside the well building.

Two adjoining businesses were evacuated as a precautionary measure.

Firefighters, assisted by a hazardous materials team, were able to isolate, contain and remove the cylinder from the building.


Load Comments