- Don't sacrifice quality to buy the trends. This season if you want to incorporate a few key trends, that doesn't mean you need to buy throw-away fashion. Shop an off-price retailer like T.J. Maxx for in-season styles that are the high quality and designers you crave. That way, your clothes will survive more than just a few laundry loads and you will still save!
- Buy Something You Love, Not Something You Love for One Occasion. Update your wardrobe with an incredible oversized handbag that you'll wear with everything. Or, a fabulous jacket that goes over that knit dress, or can be layered over your favorite t-shirt. It's all about versatility and extending the life of each piece you purchase.
- Accessorize! Accessories can turn a plain Jane outfit into a stunning success. A beaded necklace or a silky scarf in your favorite color can change your work wardrobe into a sexy date look.
- The best-dressed people mix it up. Experiment by pairing designer duds with trendy pieces and something borrowed from your mom or grandma's jewelry box. Buy the real thing, not a designer piece that you aren't sure is authentic or the right quality. At an off-price retailer, you will get a real brand name that offers the same exact quality as a department or specialty store, at half the price!
- Shop Off-Price First. You will find the same brand names and designers you would have seen at the department store, but since you went to a place like T.J. Maxx first, you'll get that same outfit and have more money in your wallet! You saved on fashion and on drive time.
- There is no need to buy a new wardrobe each season. Really, I kid you not. Do you even know anybody who does? But it is divine to pick out a few new pieces each season to give your wardrobe a boost. Make sure those pieces are the styles and designers you love, but at prices you can fit in your budget.
- Don't buy for sale sake. Or, what I call falling victim to sales psychosis. Sales can be deadly to your wallet. Only buy sale items that you will actually wear. When you shop an off-price retailer like T.J. Maxx, you will find the fashion you are looking for at 60% less, so there is no need to wait for a sale. You will still save and update your wardrobe with pieces you love!
Fashions shown on ABC 7 News at 11 are available at TJ MAXX.
Description - Price
Purple plaid jacket - $39.99
Light purple turtle neck - $14.99
Grey pants - $24.99
Purple boots - $149.99
Grey hobo bag - $44.99
White Leg Warmers - $7.99
Grey button down sweater - $29.99
Black/yellow/blue circle patterned dress - $59.99
Black boot w/ front zipper - $169.99
Yellow stockings - $7.99
Multi-colored scarf - $39.99
Purple patent belt w/ stud detail - $49.99
Grey bell-sleeve button-up sweater w/ funnel neck - $59.99
Dark denim jeans w/ pocket detail - $49.99
Dark straight-leg denim - $29.99
Green/brown bag - $199.99
Black patent wedge w/ peep-toe detail - $99.99
Black ballet flat w/ petal detail - $99.99
Silver cuff - $79.99
Silver pearl bracelet -$59.99
Size 14Brown tweed pants - $69.99
Plaid pant w/ red pinstrip - $79.99
Grey plaid pants - $19.99
Cream peasant top blouse - $29.99
Multi-colored patterned scarf - $14.99
Purple oversize bag - $24.99
Black suede point-toe pump - $19.99
Patent brown point-toe pump - $39.99
Turquoise necklace - $29.99
Brown sunglasses - $9.99
White cami - $14.99
Green ¾ jacket - $29.99