• WEATHER ALERT Winter Weather Advisory

Dog rescued from fire by owner recovering

November 14, 2008 3:21:04 PM PST
The dog rescued from a fire at a Cicero home may soon be discharged from an Oak Park animal hospital. The owner of the 13-year-old German shepherd mix named Regis died in the fire when he returned to the burning home to save the dog.

John Petrick, 68, lived with Regis in the 1600-block of South Lombard Avenue. Authorities say Petrick died of a heart attack.

Regis suffered from smoke inhalation and burns, but hospital officials report his condition has greatly improved.

Regis will most likely be turned over to a Cicero animal shelter on Monday.


Load Comments