8 sickened by CO on South Side

January 7, 2009 9:14:34 AM PST
On Chicago's South Side Wednesday morning, a child and seven adults were sickened by extremely high levels of carbon monoxide.The initial ambulance call was for a stroke victim at 1536 East 85th Street. But when crews arrived, they found everyone inside the bungalow was ill from carbon monoxide.

Two people are in fair condition. Six others are listed in good condition.

Firefighters found carbon monoxide levels of 850 parts per million. Anything over 10 parts per million is of concern.

A malfunctioning furnace is the suspected cause.


Load Comments