Man killed in S. Side house fire

February 10, 2009 9:11:51 AM PST
A fire Tuesday morning at a South Side home claimed the life of a 38-year-old man. The fire began just after 3 a.m. at a house in the 9200-block of South King Drive.

A fire department spokesperson says it appears the fire was started by someone cooking.

There were smoke detectors in the home, but they apparently did not alert the victim. His name has not been released.

Chicago firefighters canvassed the neighborhood Tuesday morning passing out smoke detectors.


Load Comments