Even if you can't attend the benefit, you can see the Hollywood jewels at A. Marek through Sunday and select pieces will be for sale. Thirty percent of any sales made this week from A. Marek's collection or the Jewels for Charity will be donated to ASLF. For more information, contact A Marek Fine Jewelry, 3021 Butterfield Rd, Oak Brook; (630) 954-2662 or visit www.amarekfinejewelry.com
Here's what's on display:
- Clark Gable's Cartier Wristwatch
- Clark Gable's Pocket Watch
- Clark Gable's Gold Cigarette Box
- Clark Gable's Gold Ribbed Cufflinks
- Clark Gable's Gold and Leather Cigarette Case
- Bing Crosby's 14k Gold Cufflinks
- Madonna's Wedding Tiara
- Roosevelt's Golden Golf Club Tie Bar
- Terry Moore's Pearl and Gold Earrings (a gift from Howard Hughes)
- Terry Moore's Charm Bracelet (gift from Howard Hughes)
- Terry Moore's Yellow Gold Diamond Collar (gift from Cary Grant)
- Tiffany Pin with diamonds (purchased by Howard Hughes)
- Antique Drop Earrings (purchased by Howard Hughes)
A Silver Lining Foundation was founded in 2002 by breast cancer survivor Sandy Goldberg. ASLF's philosophy is based on two phrases her mother used to live by: "No matter what your situation, you have to see the silver lining," and "We are all family, and we have to help each other through the tough times."
ASLF provides no-cost screening mammograms, follow-up diagnostic testing, and other breast cancer resources to uninsured and underinsured patients. ASLF's Buy A Mom A Mammogram? program funds screening mammograms at area hospitals to qualifying women in a timely, dignified and respectful fashion. Since the program's inception in 2006, more than 2,000 women have received information about, and access to no cost screening mammograms. With 47,000,000 Americans currently living without health insurance, the Buy A Mom A Mammogram? provides a silver lining to those in need.
Since its launch in 2002, ASLF has provided more than 450,000 people with information about cancer resources, treatment options and support services. Through the organization's programs, services and personal support, the foundation strives to provide opportunities for medically underserved people affected by cancer.
The organization runs three cancer related programs: Buy A Mom A Mammogram ?, the Chicagoland Cancer Information Coalition (CCIC) and The Evelyn Goldberg Center at the University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago. ASLF's administrative offices are located at 134 N. LaSalle, Suite 1218, Chicago, IL 60602. For more information on A Silver Lining Foundation, call (312) 345-1322 or visit www.asilverliningfoundation.org.