Fumes force school evacuation

February 26, 2009 3:16:31 PM PST
Some fumes forced the evacuation of a North Side elementary school Thursday. Firefighters responded to reports of a possible carbon monoxide leak at McCutcheon Elementary in the 4800-block of North Sheridan Road.

The school was evacuated and the children were taken to a nearby boys club.

Several hours later some of the kids began complaining they did not feel well, but no student needed treatment.

The Chicago Fire Department said a furnace problem created the fumes.


Load Comments