• WEATHER ALERT Winter Weather Advisory

Carbon monoxide leak at univ. dorm

March 8, 2009 3:58:57 PM PDT
One person was hospitalized Sunday after a gas leak at a University of Chicago dorm.One hundred fifty students were displaced. A building engineer was sent for treatment and was reportedly in fair to good condition.

Fire crews found carbon monoxide levels of 400 parts per million, which was called extremely high.

The cause of the leak has not been determined, but the carbon monoxide levels decreased when the building's boiler was turned off.

Seven hundred students live in the building but most were not there at the time.


Load Comments