- 4 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 4 limes, juiced (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Búfalo Chipotle Mexican Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Mexican Pepper Blend (fresh toasted and ground ancho, chipotle and/or guajillo chiles)
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive saucepan.
Gently simmer the sauce over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.