2 cups plain rice
1 large bunch of dill (can be substituted for cilantro, parsley, spinach and peas)
1 2-inch cinnamon stick
1 tbsp. oil (canola or olive oil)
3 cups water
Salt to taste
- Wash the rice well in running water and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Chop the dill with the stem too.
- Heat oil and add cinnamon stick.
- Add rice and water and salt to taste cook until tender.
- Add dill to the rice. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Serve with raita.
Note: Do not over cook after adding dill to retain its color and aroma.