There have been an abundance of civil suits aimed at Burge. Logan's claims that Burge knew that Logan, the man he helped send to prison in 1982, was innocent-- but pushed the case forward anyway because officers had already made an arrest.
Logan spent nearly half his life in prison for someone else's crime.
A year ago on Friday, the 1982 murder case was dismissed and the state acknowledged Logan had been imprisoned for 26 years for a murder he did not commit.
Since then, Logan has been unable to find work even with his certificate of innocence. He also has not received the $200,000 the state awarded him for wrongful imprisonment.
Logan got teary eyed on Thursday while talking about his time behind bars.
"Yes, I'm hurt, but I also realize that I can't change the past. I have to live on," said Logan.
Logan is now suing the City of Chicago and former police commander Jon Burge contending Burge knew Logan was not responsible for the 1982 murder that led to his conviction.
Convicted cop-killer Andrew Wilson confessed to the murder in a private conversation with his lawyers years ago; that eventually led to Logan's release. The lawsuit claims that Burge was aware of Wilson's involvement as long ago as 1982-- but Burge and his detectives manufactured evidence and manipulated witnesses simply to win a conviction.
"Mr. Burge bragged to a fellow police officer that he knew Mr. Logan didn't do it and he knew Andrew Wilson did it, but basically, he didn't care," said Jon Loevy, Logan attorney.
Burge faces a criminal trial on federal perjury charges next January. Logan's civil case will run a separate course. In the meantime, he continues to pursue what eludes him - a job. He's not going to give up.
"Yes, eventually someone will hire me," said Logan.
The state comptroller's office said Logan will get his compensation award for wrongful imprisonment of $200,000 next week.