On October 26, all guests who purchase a Buca Small or Buca Large pasta or entrée will receive a free serving of Spaghetti with your choice of Meat Sauce or Marinara; diners will also receive a 16-ounce package of Rummo-brand Italian Pasta to take home and prepare at their leisure. To help make the most of this take-home pasta, guests are invited to sign up for the Buca di Beppo eClub at www.bucadibeppo.com to receive an exclusive Buca recipe via email.
World Pasta Day has been observed since 1995 as an international celebration of pasta. This year's theme is "Pasta Meals on Every Table," and Buca di Beppo -- never a place to let anyone leave hungry -- is doing its part to promote the food loved the world over. For World Pasta Day, Buca is planning on giving away more than 10 tons of free pasta. Ten tons is a lot of pasta, but Buca is known for serving lots of food. Consider the following fun facts:
- They're Saucy: Made in-house to our own special specifications, Buca di Beppos serve enough Marinara sauce every year to fill 1.7 Olympic size swimming pools!
- Pasta Planet: Buca makes 705,000 lbs. of spaghetti noodles per year. If each noodle was placed end to end, it would stretch more than 60,000 miles and could circle the Earth 2.4 times!
- Meatball Madness: Buca serves more than one million of their world-famous meatballs each year. At a hefty half-pound apiece, that's more than 250 tons of meatballs.
- Say Cheese: No Buca di Beppo pizza is complete without a helping of delicious melted Mozzarella cheese. Buca uses over 835,000 lbs of mozzarella a year, that's enough cheese to cover the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel 194 times over!
- Roaming Ravioli: Buca cooks 5.3 million ravioli in a year, which is enough to feed one ravioli to every resident of Rome? and Milan, Naples, Turin, and Venice.
- Leaning Tower of Vino: Buca di Beppos serve 1.6 million glasses of wine annually. If these glasses were stacked one on top of the other they would reach 947 times taller than the Sears Tower (1,730 ft) and 1,310 times higher than the Empire State Building (1,250 ft)!
- One Big Italian Sausage: Buca serves more than one million Italian sausage links annually, that's enough sausage to create a chain more than 732,000 feet long, or the distance of 4 Boston Marathons!
Terms of the Free Pasta program:
Valid at any Buca di Beppo location throughout the country, the free pasta offer is valid for dine-in only customers on October 26, 2009. To receive the free 8 ounce serving of spaghetti and package of pasta, guests must purchase a Buca Small or Buca Large pasta or entrée. Available while supplies last. The free offer is not valid on Buca To Go orders, but may be boxed and taken home by dine-in guests. For more information, visit www.bucadibeppo.com.
About Buca di Beppo
Recently acquired by Planet Hollywood International, Inc., with locations from Albany to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere. Most Buca di Beppo locations are open daily for lunch and dinner. Catering is also available at many locations nationwide. Visit www.bucadibeppo.com for locations, hours of operation, menus, reservations or to place an online order for Buca To Go.
About Rummo Pasta Rummo SpA, is one of the main Italian pasta manufacturers in the world. The company has a 160-year history, and continues to be family-owned and run through five generations. Rummo SpA is a worldwide producer and retailer of a wide variety of high quality pasta including enriched pasta, durum wheat pasta, dry egg pasta, organic pasta, whole wheat pasta, tricolor pasta, and others. Rummo Lenta Lavorazione pasta is made with an exclusive method that revives the old tradition of pasta making to maintain the high protein content, flavor and aroma of the finest durum wheat.