Recipe: Marie Lau Cookies
1 stick butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1 T baking soda
1 T cinnamon
4 1/2 c flour
1/3 unblanched almonds, ground or slivered
1. Cream butter with sugars and add eggs. Blend thoroughly.
2. Combine soda, cinnamon and flour and add to butter mixture. Blend in almonds.
3. Divide dough into 6-8 sections and form into 1-1/4 inch diameter rolls. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate. At this point rolls can be further wrapped in foil and frozen for later use.
4. Prior to baking slice rolls into 1/8 inch thin slices and place 2 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
5. I use silpat type mats or parchment paper on the pans to avoid having to grease pans.