Serves: 4 - 6 ounce ramekins
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (best quality)
7 egg yolks
one-quarter cup white sugar
one-half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Framboise liqueur
1 and one-half cups half and half
1 cup whole milk
sweetened whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 300?F.
2. Place empty ramekins into a baking pan at least 2 inches deep.
3. Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium heat proof bowl.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and framboise until the mixture thickens slightly.
5. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the half and half and milk to boil. Remove from the heat and add half of the hot half and half/milk mixture to the chopped chocolate. Mix with rubber spatula until all the chocolate pieces have melted.
6. Slowly add the remaining half and half/milk to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Adding the half and half/milk slowly will temper the egg yolks and prevent them from scrambling.
7. Combine the chocolate and yolk mixtures together. Using a spoon or small ladle, skim the foam from the top of the combined mixture.
8. Ladle chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
9. Place baking pan into preheated oven on the middle rack. Fill the pan with hot water until the water reaches one-half of the way up on the sides of the ramekins.
10. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until the pot de cr?me solidify around the edges but the centers still move slightly. Remove from oven. Carefully remove the ramekins from water bath and place on a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Place in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap. These pot de cr?mes can be made several days in advance.
11. When ready to serve, decorate with fresh raspberries and a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
HONEY ALMOND COOKIES
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
2 sticks softened butter
one-half cup flavorful honey
one-half cup sugar
1 and one-half teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
three-fourths teaspoon baking powder
1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
3 cups flour
one-half cup sliced almonds
Additional honey for drizzling on top of cookies
1. In a bowl, mix butter, honey, sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
2. Add whole egg and yolk, and mix until well combined.
3. Add flour and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Tear off a piece of plastic wrap about 15 inches long. Place the dough lengthwise down the center of the plastic wrap to make a 2 and one-half -inch wide cylinder. Using the plastic wrap, roll the dough tightly to make a smooth cylinder. Twist ends tightly closed. Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or until solid.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut into ? inch thick slices. Do not remove the plastic wrap before slicing.
6. Place slices on a baking sheet leaving 2" between cookies. Remove the plastic wrap from each slice.
7. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, pressing the almonds lightly into the cookies.
8. Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes at 350? F, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place the cookies onto a cooling rack.
9. Drizzle each cookie with honey while they are still hot. Let cool.