1. In a large bowl toss together the yellowtail, sesame seeds, wasabi, dried seaweed, shallots, sesame oil, tomatoes, scallions, chili powder, salt, garlic, chilies, miso and ginger.
2. Evenly divide the yellowtail mixture (about 2 heaping tablespoons each) between the twelve pieces of nori, placing the fish in the center of each piece. Brush the ends of the nori with the egg whites and fold the edges around the filling, pressing with your fingers to seal the edges.
3. Heat a wok or a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons peanut oil. When the peanut oil starts to shimmer, add half the nori rolls and sear on both sides until golden and crispy, about 30 seconds per side. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and repeat with the remaining nori rolls.
4. Slice into 1-inch pieces and serve with Wasabi Rouille.
Makes 3/4 cup
1. Heat a small sauté pan over low heat. Add the garlic and almonds and toast until the almonds are golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly, then add the wasabi, mayonnaise and chili powder. Whisk in the vinegar and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.