Carbon monoxide leak in North Side building

January 19, 2010 8:24:59 PM PST
The Chicago Fire Department was on the scene Tuesday night of what had been a carbon monoxide leak inside a 12-story, 80-unit building on the North Side.Investigators say a defective boiler sent carbon monoxide fumes through the building at Lawrence and Sheridan.

The gas was turned off Tuesday night.

The residents were not being forced to evacuate their homes, but those that stay will have to cope with a lack of heat.


Load Comments