Helen Yi has twice been named as a style leader in Harper's Bazaar's Top 100 Specialty Stores in America for exceptional customer service and brilliantly edited collections. Helen Yi is located at 1645 N. Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60647. Call 773.252.3838 or vvisit www.helenyi.com for more information.
1. Charlize Theron would look beautiful wearing a burlap sack; however, she chose the one dress that could distract from her beauty. Wearing a purple Dior column dress with a pink train, the dress featured bun like rosettes on the chest, it was all you looked at.
2. Diane Kruger was wearing a delicate, blush and black Chanel halter gown. However, it cut her in too many places and all the ruffles were concentrated around her hips and thighs. The result was that she looked shorter and wider and in the end, she just looked frumpy.
3. Zoe Salanda was wearing Givenchy Haute Couture gown. The beading at top of the dress was stunning, however, the large mass of ruffles on the bottom made up in 3 colors was too much dress for anyone to handle. There was a lot going on!
1. Elizabeth Banks looked stunning in her dark, steely grey, strapless Versace gown. With her hair up, she pulled of a thoroughly modern version of old Hollywood glamour.
2. Meryl Streep was wearing a simple, white gown with long sleeves and a low neckline. The dress was age appropriate, elegant and very sexy all at the same time.
3. Sandra Bullock looked like perfection with her hair in soft waves around her face, wearing a soft gold beaded dress -- It was as if she dressed knowing she was going to win.
4. Maggie Gyllenhall managed to stand out and hold her own in a sea of beaded, sequined and metallic fabrics, wearing a bold, blue floral print. The understated Dries van Noten was so fresh and surprisingly one of my favorites of the evening.