Girl injured in South Side fire dies

April 25, 2010 8:12:23 PM PDT
A 17-year-old girl has died from injuries suffered in a house fire Saturday on Chicago's South Side.

Cierra Thomas died Sunday afternoon, about 24 hours after the fire broke out in the basement of a house in the 8300-block of S. Lafayette avenue.

The fire department says the fire was caused by overloaded extension cords.

The victim's 75-year-old grandmother was also injured in the fire. She remained in critical condition Sunday night.


Load Comments