- Kernels of 8 ears fresh corn (about 6 cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about w cup)
- 1 medium bell pepper (not green), chopped (about 2 cup)
- 1 to 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves (about 2 cup), plus more for garnishing
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Hot water for heating
1. Set aside 1/2 cup corn kernels for garnishing. Put the remaining corn kernels and all the other ingredients except the hot water in a blender. Blend until smooth with some chunky bits, adding water as needed. If you like it chunkier, lightly blend the mixture, then remove a third of it to a small bowl. Blend the remaining two-thirds until smooth, then add in the chunky portion and blend just to mix.
2. Before serving, heat the soup by stirring in very hot water in a 1 to 1 ratio of hot water to soup. Garnish with extra corn kernels and cilantro.