With health and diet on the minds of most Americans - leading "Guy-a-titian" and author Dave Grotto - brings to light what everyday foods you can "add in" to your diet (not "take out!") to help remedy health issues both large and small, plus overall improve one's diet!
In his new book, 101 Optimal Life Foods, Dave, a registered dietician, takes on thirty of the most common health issues - from headaches to depression - and shows people how to introduce flavorful, nutritious and healing foods to the diet through delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes.
Dave says try these five foods and see if they make you feel better:
- Prevent leg cramps and slow cognitive decline: Potassium containing foods such as strawberries may be beneficial in relieving leg cramps. Additionally, researchers at the Jean Mayer of the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University demonstrated that strawberries slow decline in cognitive function.
- Get relief from common stomach ailments with artichokes
- Alleviate the effects of crippling migraines with oysters
- Reduce the signs of aging skin with chocolate and tea
- Get the best sleep of your life with walnuts and cherries
SOUFFLE OMELET WITH BALSAMIC STRAWBERRIES
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) fresh California strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
2 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons butter
Confectioners' sugar, as needed
From California Strawberry Commission