Shannon and Kelly know that imagination is the key to winning over kids. Or at least it gets them to try spinach (especially when it's shaped like a superhero). They promote kookiness in the kitchen in Bean Appétit with its playful recipe steps, whimsical presentations, and food-themed games, crafts, and activities. Based on favorites from Bean Sprouts, the authors' healthy kids' cafe and cooking school, the cookbook is designed to help families enjoy exploring new fresh flavors and ingredients.
Kelly and Shannon, a mother of two boys, opened Bean Sprouts (www.beansproutscafe.com) near Madison, Wisconsin in 2007. Bean Sprouts has drawn great attention for providing a place for families that is both healthy and fun. Bean Sprouts delights families with its cooking classes. These courses for toddlers and grade school children let kids have fun with food and explore new ingredients. Bean Sprouts has plans to plant many more cafes as there has been 100+ franchise requests. Bean Sprouts will open its second cafe in 2010 inside the Madison Children's Museum and will sprout into Santa Monica, California in 2012.
Award-winning authors Shannon and Kelly have written a nationally syndicated column, which appeared in more than 50 regional parenting magazines. They are currently developing a kids' cooking show, also called Bean Appétit. For more information, visit their website at www.beansproutscafe.com.
ABOUT SHANNON SEIP:
- Co-Owner, Bean Sprouts
- Author: Bean Appétit: Hip & Healthy Ways to Have Fun with Food (Andrews McMeel, March 2010), Momnesia (Andrews
- McMeel, 2009), If These Boobs Could Talk: A Little Humor to Pump Up the Breastfeeding Mom (Andrews McMeel, 2008), Pop Quiz! (American Girl, 2005).
- Nationally Syndicated Columnist: Bean Appétit, Cinematters
- Contributing Editor: American Girl magazine, Health magazine
- Television personality: Host of nationally syndicated show, YouNews, television morning show co-host at ABC affiliate in Madison, Wisconsin
Bean Sprouts' co-owner Shannon Payette Seip is already trusted sources for parents. A mom herself of two young boys, Shannon knows the parent and child market inside and out. Her award-winning books for moms of toddlers and babies are getting rave reviews, and her syndicated column appeared in over 50 regional parenting magazines, capturing a readership of more than three million. Shannon was featured on the July 2009 cover of Spry Living, a health and wellness publication distributed in 1,600 newspapers nationwide. Now co-owner of Bean Sprouts, Shannon is the creative force behind the Bitty Baker cooking classes.