- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1-cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook uncovered over medium heat until the cranberries pop. Continue cooking until the excess moisture evaporates. Remove the cinnamon stick and stir to combine. The applesauce may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to one week or frozen for up to 2 months.