Chicago teen dies from allergic reaction

December 20, 2010 4:07:08 PM PST
A Chicago teenager has died after a bad reaction from a food allergy.

Thirteen-year-old Katelyn Carlson died Friday after eating something at a school Christmas party.

Carlson was an honor student at Edison Regional Gifted Center.

The victim's father says Katelyn was aware of her allergy and careful of what she consumed.

Chicago public school officials say new laws will require school districts to implement a policy specific to food allergies starting in January.


Load Comments