Stefanie Safran, Founder of Stef and the City, The Recessionista Matchmaker (www.stefandthecity.com), joined us in our ABC7 studio with tips on getting a date and with affordable gift ideas to make the date successful.
Three Tips to Find a Date for Valentine's Day:
Talk to your friends and check out if there are any recently single men or women they might know. When you ask, you'll probably find that there might be a few new people on the market!
2. Get out of your comfort zone and connect
Put that phone away! Make an effort to smile and talk to at least one new person a day. Smile at the woman at the gym. Say hi to the guy at the Starbucks that catches your eye.
3. Go to a Super Bowl Party
You know men will be there, and you know that for once, how well you understand football won't be an issue. This is the best pre-Valentine's Day type of party you can find that should have a good amount of girls and guys there.
About Stef and the City
1. It's free to be in the database, introductions start at $42. It's a date-by-date process.
2. They have options to create a personalized social calendar, singles travel for national and international travel, as well as coaching.
3. They use new social media but stay true to the old-fashioned rules of dating. Men pay for the first date, men call and confirm the date, etc.
Valentine's Day Gift ideas $50 and less from Red Envelope:
1. Hidden Message Collar stays
2. Year of love candles
Approx. retail price: $49.95
3. 12 Hand-Dipped Valentine's Day Berries
Approx. retail price: $34.97. (The berries are on Sweet Heart Desert Plates $14.99)
4. Chocolate Lover's Spa Therapy
Approx. retail price: $39.95
5. "Name a Star Gift Box" at $39.95