- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 4 peeled cloves of black garlic, finely sliced.
- 4 cups risotto rice (Arborio or Carnoli)
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley, optional
- Truffle oil, optional
- Salt and black pepper
In a large pan heat the stock until it reaches simmering point. Prepare the mushroom base. Melt ½ cup of butter in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and some salt and pepper. Heat slowly until the mushrooms are cooked.
Add the finely chopped onion and sweat until soft and translucent. Now add the black garlic. Mix the black garlic into the onion mixture. Add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the glass of white wine. Allow it to reduce until there is no liquid in the pan. Stir continuously.
Add a ladleful of vegetable stock, stirring continuously. As soon as the liquid is absorbed add another ladleful of stock and continue this until the rice is cooked. Stir continuously.
The rice should be slightly 'al dente' but soft and loose. When you are happy with the consistency, stir in the mushroom mixture and the pan juices. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter and mascarpone cheese. Season to taste with salt and black pepper