- And the winners, according to Guire, are:
- Actor in a Leading Role: Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"
- Actress in a Leading Role: Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"
- Best Directing: Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech"
- Best Animated Feature Film: "Toy Story 3"
- Best Picture: "The King's Speech"
Daily Herald film critic Dann Gire serves as the president and founding director of Chicago Film Critics Association, and has won the prestigious Peter Lisagor Award for Arts Criticism six times. Gire is on the Communications Department staff at Aurora University where he teaches journalism. From 1984 to 2006, he has been an adjunct faculty member in William Rainey Harper College's English and Journalism departments. teaching courses in drama, film and literature, journalism, short stories and novels, mass communications and feature writing. From 2000 to 2006, he also served as the faculty advisor to the Harbinger, the campus newspaper. He is married to Peggy Burke, who he met while rehearsing their junior high school play "Oliver Twist." They have two daughters: Lauren, living in New York while auditioning for Broadway gigs; and Morgan, a junior at the University of Iowa and a terrific stage manager.