Thousands of housewares and homegoods products for every room in the house, apartment or condo-and outdoor living, will be on display at the 2011 International Home and Housewares Show taking place at McCormick Place.
From high-end international design to trend-setting basics, products range from kitchen electrics and small appliances to gourmet specialty foods and cookware, from bakeware and kitchen tools to home decor, space organizers and storage systems, home healthcare and home-office to pet supplies and lawn and garden decor.
There will be nearly 2,000 exhibitors-more than 500 new-with 30 of exhibitors coming from outside the US Organized pavilions and independent exhibitors featuring products from Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Hong Kong and many places all over the world. Approximately, 60,000 buyers, sellers, trade guests and news media from all over the country are expected to attend.
The International Home and Housewares show is one of the top 5 largest trade events at McCormick place. The show is closed to the public.
McCormick Place Exposition Center
Dates and Times:
Sunday, March 6th and Monday, March 7th
Tuesday, March 8th
For more information,log onto www.housewares.org.
1. Techko Maid Robotic High Speed Sweeper, Vacuum and Mopping Machine: 3 n 1: Automatically moves about the room, cleaning all types of hard surface floors with wet or dry mopping and can also Sweep and Vacuum carpeted floors. This unit features sensitive bumpers, fall protection and various cleaning patterns to ensure complete room coverage. Comes with rechargeable batteries and an AC Adapter. Retails for $199.99. Available in June. www.technousa.com
2. Babycakes Cake Pop Maker from Select Brands: Cake pops, a fun and delicious trend in baking, can now be made quickly and easily right at home! The Babycakes Cake Pop Maker bakes 12 cake pops or donut holes in just minutes. Just bake your favorite cake pop center, add lollipop sticks, decorate and enjoy. The nonstick coating makes it easy to clean. The cake pop maker comes with everything needed to create delicious cake pops and donut holes: a custom cooling rack / decorating stand, a two-pronged fork to easily retrieve cooked pops, large, 6-inch lollipop sticks and plenty of cake pops recipes. Retails for $24.99. Available now. www.thebabycakesshop.com
3. Obol: Obol is The Original Crispy Bowl that solves the problem of soggy cereal. With the unique Swoop n Scoop, the Obol makes every bite as crispy as the first bite. The Spiral Slide design makes it possible to enjoy your cereal until the last bite. Also great for crispy crackers with soup. Designed and manufactured in the United States. Dishwasher safe (top rack). Retails for $15.99. Available now. www.obol.com.
4. iSi Twist 'n Sparkle: The unique Twist n' Sparkle Direct Carbonation System carbonates any drink with the twist of a wand. Simply pour in your favorite chilled beverage, insert an iSi Sparklets soda charger, and twist on the sparkling wand. Cheers and enjoy your perfect bubbly beverage! Retails for $49.95. www.twistnsparkle.com
5. Zadro Sunlight 365: Portable mood light mimics natural sunlight without UV rays or chemicals. Light therapy helps people cope with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and lifts spirits when there is less natural sunlight. 10,000 lux but compact for easy portability. Includes intensity adjustment, countdown timer, clock, power adapter, and storage pouch. Retails for $59.95. Available now. www.zadroinc.com