March 9, 2011 (CHICAGO) --The February/March edition of Time Out Chicago Kids tackles everything you need to know about bringing up baby the Windy City way.
Read the February/March issue for the full list of recommended products. Here are the products Amy Carr, Editor in Chief, showed on the 11am news:
- Winter coat with tube sleeves available at Old Navy
Originally $45, on sale for $12
- Old Navy Jeans
- The Red Balloon polka dot socks
$9 for two pair at Old Navy
- Strawberry onesie and matching hat, available at Vyssan Lull ,
- Robeez pink booties available at piperlime.com
- Diaper Bags
- Diaper Cover
Chicago-flag diaper cover created specifically for the Time Out Chicago Kids cover
$18 at Psychobaby (1630 N Damen Ave)
- Diaper Bags
Diaper Dude Messenger Bag; The Diaper Dude messenger bag is the first one our hubs deemed cool -- the satchel has compartments for wipes, food, bibs and all the rest of baby's gear.
$98 at Belly Dance Maternity (1647 N Damen Ave)
- Skip Hop's Versa Diaper Tote
Unzip the expandable center portion to reveal an orange compartment that holds 20 percent more stuff in Skip Hop Versa's diaper tote. $70 at Galt Baby (1915 N Clybourn Ave)
- timi & leslie Charlie II bag
$150 at amazon.com
- Strollers, high chairs, etc . . .
- Swing-to-High chair
Get two baby staples in one foldable gadget with this swing that morphs into a high chair. The swing can be used from birth until baby tries to climb out. The high chair, which holds kids up to 50 pounds, reclines and adjusts for height. Folded size: about 30"x35".
$140 at Kohls (2140 N Elston Ave)
Features: Manufacturer suggested age ? 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months; includes snack tray; features 6 speeds, plays music, 2 position recline; safety lock, 3-point harness, maximum weight supported 5lbs, maximum weight capacity 25lbs; battery powered; machine washable.
- Music Gym Activity Gym
Tiny Love Super Delux Lights and Music Gymini Activity Gym: This soft padded play area provides multisensory fun hanging toys, flashing lights and sounds. Folded size: a skinny, 55"-long bundle
$41 at amazon.com
Puj Tub: Forgo the bulky plastic bath seat that consumes your grown-up tub and opt for this soft foam gem that's made of hypoallergenic and antimicrobial material, fits in most pedestal- and countertop-style skins, and conforms to your baby folded.
$40 at Be Bye Baby (1654 W Roscoe St)
Joovy Kooper: The compact Joovy Cooper could navigate an obstacle course. With a tight-as-a-drum turning radius, we had no problem wheeling this jazzy number around boxes and through tight doorways. Extra-tall drivers might find the handles a bit low, but the stroller opens and folds up super easily.
$200 at joovy.com
- Features: reclining seat (comfortable two-position front seat. Accomodates children from 6 months to 45lbs), canopy (oversized canopy with sun visor extension), storage basket (large, easy access storage basket under seat), parent features (two cup holders, storage pockets and foam handles).
Lightweight, under 18lbs.
- Milk and Honey Pickles: When you want grub with a side of briny goodness, you've got to go where it's homemade. Milk and Honey pickles its own sweet spears that are served alongside their sandwiches, but just ask ? they're happy to throw in a few extras, and if you're hankering for a dozen or more, they're 25 cents each.
$0.25 at Milk and Honey (1920 W Division St)
- Black Dog Gelato: Combos of salty and sweet such as goat-cheese-carmel-cashew and salted peanut satay are found here, at Black Dog Gelato.
Black Dog Gelato (859 N Damen Ave)
- XOCO Hot Chocolate: XOCO steams up bean-to-cup Aztec hot chocolate with allspice and chile.
XOCO (499 N Clark St)