Paul Cracco with PETCO visited the ABC7 studio with the Crested Gecko, and he reminded everyone that pet ownership is always a big responsibility.
- If you choose a Crested Gecko as a pet, remember:
- Insects are enjoyed, but they are not required. There is a Crested Gecko Diet specifically formulated for them; it is a powder that you can simply mix with water.
- This reptile has superb climbing abilities with a prehensile tail like a monkey, so it can hang upside down.
- The Crested Gecko has flirty eyelashes and velvety soft skin and comes in an array of colors.
- The Crested Gecko has a long life expectancy, so make sure you are ready for the responsibility and the fact that this companion is going to become a real member of the family.
- No matter what pet you choose, it is always a responsibility.
PETCO hosts monthly Meet the Critters events, where kids of all ages can come learn about a chosen animal's habitat, diet and what responsibilities go into caring for the animal.