Family sues restaurant after peanut allergy death

March 18, 2011 3:10:29 PM PDT
The family of a girl who died from an allergic reaction to peanuts at school is suing the Chinese restaurant that provided the meal.

Thirteen-year old Katelyn Carlson was a student at Edison Regional Gifted Center in Chicago's Albany Park neighborhood. She died last year after she ate food at a school party that was provided by the Chinese Inn restaurant in Niles.

The lawsuit claims the school warned the restaurant not to include peanuts in the meal because some of the students had food allergies.

ABC7 was unable to reach the restaurant for a comment.


Load Comments