Gluten-free and allergen-free foods made by "Enjoy Life Foods" debut Friday during the Chicago Cubs home opener at four locations in the park, including the Sheffield Grill, located inside the park at Gate D by the Billy Williams statue.
They will offer gluten-free Not Nuts Beach Bash-- a mixture of sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, dried pineapple, apricots and cranberries-- and Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies. To ensure that every food product is in fact gluten-free and free of the eight common allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish), Enjoy Life manufactures its products in a dedicated nut and gluten-free facility.
Levy Restaurants' executive chef shows ABC7 how Spinach and Artichoke Macaroni and Cheese is made.
Loaded Spinach and Artichoke Macaroni and Cheese
Courtesy of: Levy Restaurants Executive Chef David Burns, Wrigley Field
Macaroni and Cheese Base
1. Bring the milk to a simmer
2. Mix the corn starch and water, add to the simmering milk
3. Stir in cheese until melts and has a smooth consistency
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Strain through a strainer
You can keep it warm, if you have everything ready for your dish, or you can cool it down and use it for another time within 2-3 days.
- Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni (large)
- 8 oz Fontina Cheese shredded
- 40 oz of Cheese base
- 8 oz chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 2oz diced yellow onions
- 1/2 oz chopped garlic
- 2 oz grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper 1 tsp
- 2oz butter or olive oil
1. cook the pasta until al dente
2. saute on medium heat in butter or oil the artichoke, onions, garlic for 2-3 minutes
3. add baby spinach, cook until it appears wilted, 1 minute
4. In a mix bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach-artichoke mixture, cheese base, 3/4 of the fontina and parmesan cheese.
5. Place in a casserole dish/oven proof, bake at 350F for approximately 20-25 minutes.About Enjoy Life Foods (RELEASE)
Since 2001, Enjoy Life Foods has remained committed to providing consumers with gluten-free and allergy-friendly foods of the highest quality. Standing strongly behind their promise of "Taste, Trust, Love," Enjoy Life manufactures a wide variety of cereals, cookies, granolas, snack bars, bagels, trail mixes, chocolate chips, and chocolate bars for the millions of Americans living with food allergies, lactose intolerance, and celiac disease. In addition to being free of the eight most common allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish), Enjoy Life guarantees that all products are made in a dedicated nut and gluten-free facility. Visit them online at enjoylifefoods.com, on Facebook at "Enjoy Life Foods," or on Twitter at "ELFCeo."