Child hurt in Kankakee church fire

April 3, 2011 8:34:38 PM PDT
One child was injured in a fire at a Kankakee church late Sunday morning.

It happened at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church on West Washington.

The fire department says it was started by a 7-year-old boy who was playing with a candle in the balcony while his parents served refreshments elsewhere.

The boy suffered minor burn injuries.

The rest of the church also suffered smoke and other damage estimated at $100,000.

Load Comments