The burglaries occurred in the 018th District between April 9 and April 22, according to a CAPS news release on Saturday. The offenders gained entry by breaking or shattering large plate glass windows or doors, the release said.
Police say a large inventory of expensive items -- such as furs, clothing and fashion accessories -- was taken from each store.
The news release gave a description of the offenders who were captured on video. Offender No. 1 is an unknown male wearing a red do rag, an unknown dark jacket and white sneakers. Offender No. 2 is an unknown male wearing dark pants and white sneakers.
- CAPS provided several tips for what business owners can do:
- Ensure that your alarm systems are working properly.
- Have your surveillance systems updated and in functioning order.
- Talk to the business owners and employees about the break-ins you have just experienced. Sharing your information could be helpful to you and your neighbors.
- Contact the Area Three Robbery/Burglary/Theft Crimes Unit at 312-744-8263 below if you have any additional information.