A handful of farmers markets started accepting the electronic food stamp cards last year during a pilot program, according to a news release from the Department of Family and Support Services and the Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events.
A total of 10 farmers markets will have the equipment necessary to accept Link cards in 2011.
- The farmers markets that will take Link cards are:
- Tuesdays at Lincoln Square and Federal Plaza
- Wednesdays at South Shore and Pullman Market
- Thursdays at Daley Plaza and Hyde Park
- Saturdays at Division Street and Bridgeport
- Sundays at Beverly and Wicker Park/Bucktown.
For more information, call the city at 312-744-3316.