May 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) --If Mother's Day has you breaking into a cold sweat, don't worry -- making mom happy can actually be very easy, says one author.
Author Joe Gumm wrote an entire book about the simple steps you can take, and he was in our ABC7 studio to talk about "150 Secrets To A Happy Wife." Gumm gains his wisdom from being one man in a household of females (a wife and four daughters).
- Here are some of Gumm's tips you can use on Mother's Day or any other day of the week:
- Try watching no sports for the day.
- Plan lunch or dinner, and maybe even bring the mother-in-law along.
- Be flirtatious.
- Take care of the kids - all day.
- Make sure her nap time is actually nap time.
- Make breakfast.
- Take her somewhere - NOT A GAME!
- Try doing something you've never done before.