May 14, 2011 (CHICAGO) --With the weather finally getting warm and sunny, is it OK to move your tropical plants back outside?
Tara Heibel with Sprout Home was in our ABC7 studio to give us tips. She says you need to be aware of light needs and temperature concerns.
- Tips for tropicals:
- Site your plants in similar light needs when moving them outside.
- If you are planting them with other plants, make sure all those plants have the same soil and watering needs.
- After you have moved your tropicals outside:
- Brown crunchy tips: too much sun or not enough water
- Yellow leaves: too much water- wet feet
- Black spots in middle of leaves: could be cold burn