May 24, 2011 (CHICAGO) --Marathon training season is in full swing, and it's always a little easier to push through those last few miles with some great running gear.
Jenny Hadfield, an endurance athlete, coach, author, and speaker shares the latest new products in the world of running.
- LIFESTINKS DEODORANT-- This all-natural deodorant is made from a very short list of natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, lavender or cedar wood, aluminum-free sodium bicarbonate, and more importantly, is aluminum and talc-free. Life Stinks holds up to the sweatiest of athletes without blocking the lymph system. duggansisters.com
- SUNGUARD SUNSCREEN-- This vitamin-enriched, water- and sweat-resistant lotion is oil-free and offers superior broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and absorbs quickly without greasy or heavy residue. Formulated for extreme conditions, Sun Guard forms a barrier of protection and stays on during intense physical activity in and out of the water and won't drip in your eyes. getjackblack.com
- PERSONAL SAVERS-- A portable pepper spray with an easy-twist lock top, special holster for easy access, a powerful 10-foot spray, LED light, highly reflecting edging, I.D. card, and an LED light that enhances visibility from as far as one mile away. The pepper spray is extracted from cayenne peppers and creates an intense burning sensation on the eyes, skin and throat and can cause an attacker's senses to temporarily shut down and give you time to get away. personalsavers.com
- KARHU FAST2 FULCRUM RIDE-- The result of more than two years of biomechanical research, Karhu's latest running shoe innovation helps runners to increase their speed on mid-distance runs through strategically placed "fulcrum points" for faster toe-off and better efficiency. karhu.com
- SHEEX-- The world's first performance bedding, Sheex was developed to help people sleep better so they can perform at their peak. Sheex transfers body heat two times more effectively than cotton, allowing the body to cool itself for faster, deeper sleep onset and breathes nearly 50 percent better to reduce sleep-disrupting temperature fluctuations at night. sheex.com
- 26MILESTONES-- A unique way to commemorate a race, the owner of 26MileStones will take any running bib and turn it into a set of ceramic coasters. This is a great gift for any runner in your life, including yourself! etsy.com