There's something for beer lovers as well. The Best of Belgium Cafe is a beer garden experience within the festival and feature samples of Stella Artois, Leffe and Hoegaarden beers.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Entertainment Stage will feature interactive wine seminars and cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs. Wine experts will educate guests on new recipes and the best food and wine pairing combinations.
A portion of the proceeds from the event benefits the Grant Park Conservancy.
Windy City Wine Festival
Friday, Sept. 9, 4-10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10, 3-10 p.m.
Grant Park near Buckingham Fountain
More than 200 wines plus a Belgian Beer Cafe featuring Stella Artois, Leffe and Hoegaarden
Tickets: $27 in advance or $35 at the gate.
Designated Driver Tickets are $10 in advance or at the door. This ticket includes two nonalcoholic drinks, a Festival Program, food and wine seminars, access to cooking demos, musical entertainment and a souvenir wine glass upon departure. Attendees under 21 are admitted for free when accompanied by a paid adult.
To buy tickets or for more info, go to: www.windycitywinefestival.com
- Wine selections mentioned:
- Terrazas Malbec Reserva, Argentina, $15. Goes great with grilled meats and fish, pasta with tomato-based sauces.
- Vina Mayor Reserva, Spain, $24.99. Goes well with grilled steak, lamb and hearty pasta dishes.
- Newton Unfiltered Cabernet Sauvignon, California, $60. Pair with red meats and cured cheeses.
- Yarden Odem Vineyard Chardonnay 2009, Israel, $19. Elegant with floral and mineral notes.
- Ricossa Moscato d'Asti, Italy, $14.99. Sweet sparkling wine. Pair with desserts or serve with cocktails.