Whether you're a size 6 or a size 16, it's up to YOU to make this season's hottest trends work for you! Charla Krupp, author of "How to Never Look Fat Again," stopped by to give us a few tips.
Trends to Wear No Matter What:
Charla Says: "It's all about choosing your trends wisely and the right pieces that flatter your body. No matter what size you are...you do not have to wear all black this fall! You don't necessarily need diet or exercise, just flattering clothes ? on trend!"
1. Trend: Red, claret or Bordeaux ? "If you can wear all red, go for it! If you're not in the shape you want to be, just take a small helping of the trend in an accessory. In quotes, are all the ways that designers have come up with to say red."
What you saw on the show:
- Laundry by Shelli Segal Sleeveless Ruched Sheath Dress, $148
- Tory Burch 'Amanda' Leather Hobo, $465
- Kate Spade New York 'Flicker' Shopper, $225
- Forever 21 Clutch, $19.99
- Shoes: no matter what size you are, shoes are a great way to incorporate a trend
2. Trend: Polka Dots ? "Polka dots are a happy, spirited trend that keep you looking young! There are ways to wear it. Patterns with smaller polka dots are more flattering than larger dots."
Products you saw on the show:
- Chequer Polka Dot Dress, $178
- Aqua A-line Polka Dot Tank, $78
- Rouched Acrylic Polka Dot Scarf, $48
3. Trend: Heeled loafers ? "This is a trend that most women will love. Easy to wear, this casual shoe can be made dressier depending upon the leather, color and details. It's easier to wear a stacked shoe than a stiletto to give you height. The higher the heel, the taller and thinner you will look."
- Red patent high heel moccasin from Melin, $164.95
- Nobleman's Nine West Pump, $89.95.
Trends to Steer Clear Of:
Charla Says: "Every season, there are trends that only the size 0's can own...don't frustrate yourself. Just say no to these and stick with only trends that will flatter your shape and make you feel good about your body. These are for skinny celebrities, don't try them at home!"
1. Trend: Chunky Cable Knots ? "This will just add more bulk! A flattering knit sweater like the striped Missoni for Target cardigan is a perfect weight."
2. Trend: Mid-length dresses & skirts ? "These skirts are part of the Mad Men look. You don't want any piece to cut you across mid-calf, which is the widest part of the lower leg. Instead, wear dresses an inch above the knee. It will give you a longer, leaner leg."
3. Trend: Slit Up To "There" Skirts ? "Most of us want our clothes to hide our upper thighs!!"
About Charla Krupp
Charla Krupp is the bestselling author of "HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD" and "HOW TO NEVER LOOK FAT AGAIN". Charla is currently a contributing editor to People Style Watch. Known for her accessible "real woman's" approach to style, Charla was a contributor for the Today Show for ten years and has been seen on many national shows including Oprah, Dateline, The View, CBS The Early Show, Rachel Ray and Wendy Williams. An award-winning magazine journalist, Charla spent fifteen years as the entertainment editor for Glamour Magazine. www.charlakrupp.com